Training in Specific Learning Difficulties in the Workplace
Are you aware of your duties under the Equality Act 2010 towards employees with Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia)?
Did you know that Dyslexia is a recognised difficulty under the Equality Act 2010, replacing the Disability Discrimination Act 1995?
This means that employers should ensure that disabled people are not treated unfavourably and are offered reasonable adjustments or support.
Within the workplace, employers are required to make reasonable adjustments to enable dyslexic employees to undertake their work effectively. These may include:
- Disseminating a written disability policy
- Publishing company-wide information in alternative formats such as audio files or large print
- Enabling staff to have a choice of coloured backgrounds, overlays and fonts
- Creating the right work environment
- Implementing specialist one-to-one training or tuition for dyslexic employees in areas such as time management, organisational skills and concentration/memory-improvement techniques
- Considering assistive technology and software such as voice-recognition and word prediction software.
We are able to offer bespoke packages to you and your staff at competitive prices.
We can deliver the training during the day at your workplace.
Contact us to discuss your requirements and costs.
Any of the courses can be delivered in one hour sessions as required.
Contact us directly to discuss combinations and costs.
Click here for full list of available training sessions: